What kind of reader are you? If you have an interest, there’s a book about it. Books open possibilities to those who venture in. Whether you think so or not, you can be a reader.
The Eternal Knowledge Seeker
This person lives with his head in a National Geographic, so he enjoys non-fiction that will teach him something. If this fits you, try these titles.
- The Human Difference: Animals, Computers, and the Necessity of Social Science by Alan Wolfe
- Anything by Stephen E. Ambrose. He’s one of the great authors of American history.
- The End of Empire: Attila the Hun and the Fall of Rome by Christopher Kelly
The Hopeless Romantic
This is probably your mom. She has a pile of romance novels by her bedside. To bring her into the 21st century, try these titles. Canada 411 will guide you to a bookstore full of romance.
- Hidden Star by Nora Roberts. This is part of a collection of books.
- Chasin’ Eight by Lorelei James. This series will give Mom that manly man love affair of the Harlequins.
- Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin. It’s a little more hip, and moms need that.
I Only Read Literature
You know this guy. He’s read the classics three times, and he has collections of poetry and drama on his coffee table. His contemporary collection includes:
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Everything Michael Chabon ever wrote
- Secret Lives of Great Authors by Robert Schnakenberg is hidden under his pillow to protect his cred.
The point is to have fun while you read so that you keep on doing it!